When I get busy with projects I swear time just gets away from me and I am quickly moving on to the next project and I don't want to take the time to post the project I just finished and that is what has happened the last few weeks.
If you remember I made my friend Carmen some covers for her Cameo and her Explore and since I made her covers I thought I should make my friend Karen some covers for her Cameo and Cuttlebug. I was able to find some fabric that I thought might work for her craftroom.
After I bought the material I sent Karen a picture and she asked if there was enough to make a valance for her window in the craftroom and I told her I thought there should be so I got the measurements from her and came up with what you see in the picture. I added the beige pieces to match the flaps on her covers.
Karen didn't have a preference of what kind of decoration I did for her flaps so I went with a doily looking design with her intitials in the middle using HTV. I also added a rhinestone ring between the two. I went through my button stash and found two large buttons to add at the bottom. If I would have had one more I would have added them to the valance as well but I only had 4!
For the Cuttlebug Cover I made the pattern to where the flap covers the opening at the top but the flap can be flipped back and the handle of the Cuttlebug can be grabbed easy for moving around.
One of the sides has a slit so the handle can be slipped through and not covered. The only reason I did this was because I thought it looked a little more neat and clean when covered and didn't have a big bulge under the cover.
Karen was thrilled with the covers and valance and she said they colors matched perfectly!