My Goodwill seems to get an abundance of those 2 drawer VHS cabinets at times and I kept thinking there had to be something I could do with them.
One day when I was in there I found 2 priced at $1.99 and they were orange tag and it just so happened that orange tags were 50% off that week. I figured with that price I could afford to get two of them and try and see what I could do. They are pretty butt ugly but I remember when they first came out they were all the rage and most things had a wood finish so they fit well with most people's decor at the time. I will be painting them or doing something to them when I figure out what I need to do.
My first thought for the drawer units were my Stickles and Liquid Pearls. I knew they were short enough to fit in the drawers and with the little tabs on the sides I thought it might be easy enough to make rows to keep them neater and as you see in the picture it worked out great! Notice the open row...well that will be taken care of when my order comes in from Scrapbook.com! Some of my Stickles were almost out and then I saw some colors of Stickles and Liquid Pearls that I liked and I ordered a few. I'm not sure how many people even like Stickles anymore but I for one absolutely love my Stickles and Liquid Pearls!
My next task was to try my glitter and flock. and I was able to get them in the drawers just fine. I was a little worried about the taller jars of glitter and flock but they were short enough for the drawer to shut and open just fine. The jars on the left hand side of the photo are Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze that my friend Linda picked up for me somewhere in Arkansas on one of her trips to get her grandson. The white lids to the left of those are jars of flock I got at Hobby Lobby after Christmas one year and I think I paid next to nothing for them.
The white dividers are made out of cardstock and I was able to measure and cut them where they are snug enough that they didn't need anything to hold them place as the contents did that well and being able to use the tabs on the sides as guides it worked great. If you will notice the little white "blocks" I added those to keep the jars from falling around too much because the same tabs that are great to keep the dividers in place made it a little hard for some of the contents to keep from falling over.
I added a glue dot to the lids and them turned the bottle upside down on the lid so the glue dot picked up the glitter or flock. By doing this I can easily see what is in the little jar without having to pull out each one to find what I am wanting to use. I'm still getting use to my new camera so the picture is a little blurry. I gotta work on my "macro" skills with that camera.
I ran into a problem when it came to my Viva Pearl Pens and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist...they were too tall! Not a lot too tall but just enough too tall where the drawer wouldn't be able to shut. As you see my solution was to make the bottles tilt a little so the drawer can open and shut just fine. When I got my Pearl Pens I added a dot to the top of the lid so I could see the color easily and it works out great with the being in the drawer.
I put what Washi Tape I have, which isn't much, in the last drawer just to see if it would fit okay. I doubt I will keep the tape in the drawer as I'm sure I can find a better use for it.
One day I am going to stop organizing and start crafting again. I don't know what day that will be but when that day comes I am going to know exactly where everything is that I need!