Since posting almost every day since January 1st of this year I have decided to take the day off. Yep, that's right...no project posted today!
I was telling my friend Carmen a few days ago "I don't think a lot of folks understand how much time it takes to keep up a website". It would be nice if I could just think about what I want on the screen and it was there but alas, that isn't how it works. Let me tell ya the little process I have to go through for every post.
1. Figure out what I want in a post, whether it be commentary or a project. For this example we will say project.
2. Make the project.
3. Figure out if I need to take pictures while completing the project, in case there are steps to include.
4. Set up my picture taking stuff *white backgrounds*, find prop stands if needed.
5. Take several pictures.
6. Choose the pictures that I think are best.
7. Edit the pictures.
8. Watermark the pictures
9. Save the pictures.
10. Write the post.
11. Upload the pictures.
12. Preview and make any edits needed.
13. Schedule the post.
So only 13 steps to the process but a few of those steps, especially making the project can be quite time consuming. The whole picture process can take quite a bit of time as well. I can't really give you pinpoint amount of time it takes because it really depends on the depth of the project and post. But I can tell you I spend anywhere from 3-5 hours a week minimum just getting posts ready for a week, that doesn't include anytime for making projects.
So ya see, this is why I am taking the day off! *okie wonders since this turn out to be longer than she thought if it really is a day off*.