So after a wonderful relaxing week on the Caribbean ocean I come home ready to toss myself into my job and get back on schedule, which I am doing full force, only to find out in a 24 hour period of several situations that are going on with family and friends. My family on my mother's side is very close so it is a lot to take in on the situations all at once.
- One of my aunts has early Alzhiemers and dementia
- Her son's, my first cousin, wife has a large brain tumor, hopefully non cancerous. She is going to require several surgeries.
- My second cousin's husband only has weeks to live because his cancer is back, treatment will not help
- a dear dear friend's husband died suddenly
- my former stepson, for all intents and purposes, was arrested for capital murder
About 10am this morning I thought I couldn't handle anymore. At that time I took a few quiet minutes to meditate and realized there is nothing I can do to change any of these situations and I can only offer my empathy and support. It also made me think of how precious my life is to me and those around me are and to be thankful for yet another blessed day on this earth.
Maybe I shall find time to turn on the Cricut this evening and do some of my most soothing therapy.